Friday, September 29, 2006

Various Past Projects


This yellow pine bookcase features saw tooth supports. You can catch a glimpse of them in the case's right-hand rear corner. This case is very tall, and just barely tips upright below an 8' ceiling.

I made this wenge butler's tray as a wedding present for my friends Jamie and Michaelann. I like the idea of using an exotic wood for such a stodgy, traditional form. The corner joints are dovetails with a mitered top.


This is the first piece I ever designed and built for myself. I'm sitting at this writing table right now, as a matter of fact.


Okay, you either love it or hate it. I made this toy chest for my niece's first birthday. It was a faux-finishing learning exercise, really. My good friend Stuart Bailey taught me the technique--it's meant to look like it's tiled with pieces of malachite.

No comments: