Friday, September 29, 2006

Broken Pediment Entrance Head

I finished this broken-pediment PVC entrance head a few weeks ago. Getting it just right was kind of involved because of the many compound angles in the various mouldings.

This detail shows the various runs of moulding. We recently started using a new kind of modillion block--they're actually made of a hard, blown styrofoam which is a tad depressing, I think. Oh well. For the dentil mouldings along the rake, I made individual teeth and spaced them with a spacer block rather than routing them or finding some way to use a dado cutter.

No comments: