Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fun Bunk Bed!

There's seems to be a run on beds these days. In addition to the contemporary headboard I posted about recently, I'm working on the bunk bed pictured below and another bed with an upholstered headboard. More on that one at a later date.

This bunk bed has a built-in bookcase on one side, drawers in the staircase leading to the upper bed, a few secret compartments, and all kinds of other neat features. It's a huge amount of fun to try to put myself in the mindset of a nine-year-old as I imagine what I can do to make this piece really special.




Since most folks eventually grow out of bunk beds, the lower bed and its nightstand (not pictured) will be nice enough for the young lady for whom I'm making this piece to take with her when she leaves the nest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic! I think you should, prior to delivery, charge admission for the rest of us to come and scope it out.