Thursday, September 11, 2008

Interview with Yours Truly

Here is an excerpt from an interview fellow blogger Karl Rookey recently conducted with me. Click the READ MORE link at the bottom of the excerpt if you'd like to have a look at the whole thing. Karl intends this to be the first in a series of conversations with pro woodworkers, so check back at his blog regularly for updates. I'd like to say an enthusiastic thank you to Karl for inviting me to participate!

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2008

Interview with Tim McCready


One of the pleasures of having a public blog site comes from relationships developed over the Web. Somehow, people find the blog, and sometimes they comment. Sometimes comments become conversations, and sometimes (read "this time") those conversations lead to something more.

Tim McCready—long-time cabinet maker, author of The Wood Mechanic blog, and president of Bankston & Bailey LLC, a fine woodworking shop in Virginia—commented on one of my entries, and during the resulting off-blog conversation I mentioned wanting to start a series of interviews and shop tours with dedicated woodworkers. Tim agreed to be the first interview. I think when you read the interview you'll be happy he did.


How did you start woodworking?

I started woodworking completely by chance...

READ MORE

2 comments:

Cody said...

Hi Tim

I've been lurking your blog for a few weeks now and thought I'd pop in and say hi. Nice work on your site and your projects. I'm from Canada and while I don't make a living wood working anymore (I used to work as a timber framer) I'm always adding to my shop and building occasional pieces for people. I came across your site awhile back while researching for the start of my own blog www.woodnick.blogspot.com.

Anyhow, keep posting and I'll keep reading!

c.

Cody said...

Thanks Tim. I hear ya, sometimes blogging seems like you're talking to yourself. I'll throw a link up to your blog on mine and pass my fellow woodworking pals your way. I have a number of friends through contacts at the woodworking school I went to out near Vancouver and we're always networking on projects and ideas.

Talk to you soon and keep up the nice work!