Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pedestal Table: The Guts

Today I made the center leaf for the table and began working out the details for the extension slides. I've decided to make slides with heavy-duty drawer slides and maple milled with a channel to accept them. The series of photos below show 1) the table in its closed position, 2) the closed position slide setup, 3) the extended position, and 4) the extended position slide setup. Note that none of the top pieces are cut to exact size and that none of the parts shown are glued, so if things look a little cattywompass now, don't worry--they won't when it's all said and done.







1 comment:

Kala Fine Furniture said...

Tim-
Very nice and elegant table. I see that you are in Richmond, I am in Fredericksburg. If you are ever looking for some else to work in your shop let me know.